XPENCE BAHRAIN LTD W.L.L (Xpence), is a limited liability company incorporated under the laws of the Kingdom of Bahrain, with commercial registration number 137302 and with its registered head office address at Building 551 road 4612, block 346, Manama / Sea Front, Kingdom of Bahrain (“Xpence”). Xpence is regulated by the Central Bank of Bahrain in the Fintech Regulatory Sandbox as a Sandbox Ancillary Service Provider.
You can contact us via the help button in the application or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Xpence Terms and Conditions
This document contains the terms and conditions (“Terms”) which apply to your Xpence relationship during Xpence’s participation in the Fintech Regulatory Sandbox and relate to the products and services that we provide to you during this time.
By applying to join Xpence’s beta testing, and use Xpence products and services, you confirm that you have read and accept these terms. These terms are important as they govern the relationship between Xpence, You and your Users.
- “Account” or “Xpence Account” means a Business Xpence Account.
- “Available Balance” means the amount labelled as such on the App reflecting the total amounts transferred to Your Products and Services within the given Limit,
- “Business Days” means Sunday through Thursday, excluding the official national holidays recognised in Bahrain.
- “Card” or “Xpence Card” means a Prepaid Card.
- “Communications” means any Account or transaction information that XPENCE provides to You, including any Notifications, SMS, Emails, transaction receipts or confirmations; Account history, statements; or any documentation that we are required to make available to You.
- “Customer Service” is XPENCE’s customer support which can be accessed online through the Application at any time or by contacting Support@Xpence.co
- “Days” means calendar days.
- “Error” means financial or non-financial discrepancy that may occur while using Xpence Products and Services.
- “Information” or “Data” means any Account or Card information that You provide to Us, including but not limited to personal information, business information, financial information, or other information or data related to You or Your business.
- “Personal Information” means any and all information requested and collected by Xpence from Onboarding applicants during Onboarding and AML & Compliance checks and all other data including but not limited to details of financial transactions, business information, Company financial information, or other information or data related to You or Your business.
- certificates, promotional coupons or other promotional offers and used to obtain a benefit.
- “Application”, “Xpence Application” and “App ” the mobile Application installed on the User’s smartphone, which is used to use the Xpence’s Products Services and Transactions.
- “XPENCE Products and Services” or “ Products and Services” means all Our products and services Payment Instruments and any other features, technologies and/or functionalities offered by Us on Our App, website or through any other means.
- “Transaction(s)” – any and all records of money that have moved in and/or out of Your Xpence Products and Services or payments affecting Payment Instruments related to you including but not limited to: Debit, Credit, Transfers in, Transfers out, remittance (international and domestic), merchant payment.
- “User”, “Customer” means any person or entity using the Xpence Products and Services.
- “We”, “Us” and “Our” means Xpence.
- “You” and “Your” means the User who is a party to these Terms and Conditions.
- “Top-up” and “Fund” means the funds that You can transfer in a period of time to Your Available Balance from Your bank Account or any other payment instrument Cards owned or related to You
Your products and services
Xpence enables you to make and manage payments via the Xpence application, Xpence invoicing and Xpence pre-paid Card.
The Xpence application allows you to:
- View transactions made on your Xpence Card
- View the remaining balance of your Card
- Top up your Card by debit card payment
- Augment the details of your transactions with payment receipts and categorization
- Analyse your spend
- Set controls to manage the usage of your Card
- Create and issue invoices
- Manage the products and services that you sell
The Xpence pre-paid Card allows you to:
- Make transactions at in-person point of sale, online point of sale, withdraw cash from ATMs and spend overseas
- Send and issue invoices to your customers, with a payment link to receive payment from them
In order to enter into a relationship with Xpence You must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a Single Person Company registered in the Kingdom of Bahrain
- Not use your account for personal financial services, nor must you permit your users to do so
- You must not let another person use your account
- You may only let Users access your account where they are owners, directors or full employees of your business
- You must not use Xpence to facilitate any activity which is illegal or may be deemed illegal, nor must you permit your users to do so
- You must only fund Xpence with funds that you are entitled to and which you know to be received from legal activities
Your Users must meet the following eligibility criteria
- Your users must be validly a resident or citizen of the Kingdom of Bahrain
- Your users must have a registered Bahrain mobile phone number
- Your users must be fully employed by your company, directors of your company or owners of your company
When you open a relationship with Xpence You agree that:
- You will provide us with accurate, current, complete and true information, and provide all documents requested by Xpence
- You will ensure that all data provided by You is up to date
- You will ensure that all data provided by your Users is accurate, complete current and true
- You will ensure that all data provided by your Users is up to date
- You will notify Xpence immediately if your Users cease to be employed by You
- You will provide evidence of the identity of your Users and any additional information that we need to confirm their identity
- You will comply with all applicable laws and regulations including privacy and anti-money laundering laws
- You will provide up to date contact details for You and your Users
Contact between Xpence and You
You can contact us via the help button in the Xpence application or by sending an email to email@example.com, or via our social media channels
Our communication with you will be through social media, in-app chat, in-app notifications, SMS, e-mail and by phone.
We will inform you of any updates to our Terms via email, providing at least 30 days notice where there is a change to our fees and charges, or a change to your products and services.
If you do not check your email, or other methods of communication used by Xpence, you will miss communication about your transactions and our Services. Xpence can not be liable for any consequence or loss if you do not check your methods of communication.
You agree to support Xpence in the testing of its products and services in the Fintech Regulatory Sandbox. As such you acknowledge that Xpence products and services are at Beta stage and some small errors may be found in the application.
You agree to provide Xpence with feedback on your experience and share any errors or bugs that you find.
You agree that Xpence may invite you to participate in feedback interviews and forums as a result of your participate in the sandbox testing.
- To open your relationship with Xpence, please follow the instructions in the form provided, and provide copies of any requested information
- You can download the Xpence application for free from the Google Play Store or iOS App store
- You will be provided with credentials for your initial log in to the application, and must reset these for future access
- You will be notified of all payments in and out of your Xpence Card
- You will be notified of all invoices issued in your favour and all payments received against invoices you have issued
- You can add funds to your account by making a debit card payment from an account in your name
- Adding funds will be subject to the payment limits set out in this document
- You can make payments using your Xpence Card subject to the payment limits set out in this document
- Should you wish to remove funds from your Xpence Card, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send funds back to your original funding account
Transaction Disputes, Chargeback and Refunds
- In the event that a payment is made on an Xpence Card that is suspicious you must notify Xpence immediately
- On receiving notification of a disputed Transaction, Xpence will process the dispute in accordance with the Standard Dispute Resolution and Chargeback policy, which can be provided by contact email@example.com
- The disputed transaction amount and a refund of any relevant Fees and Charges will be credited to the Card following completion of the dispute resolution process, in the event that the process culminates in a decision in favour of the Card Holder. The Card shall not be credited during the dispute resolution process.
- Xpence will credit the Card with the amount of any refund once a credit from the Merchant has been repaid via Visa. Subject to any rights vested in the Card Holder by Applicable Law, no claim by a Card Holder against a third party may be the subject of defence or counterclaim against Xpence.
- If an incorrect payment is made from your Xpence Card as a result of our error, we will fully refund that amount and any related fees
- In the event of fraudulent transactions on your Xpence Card, we will we will initiate a chargeback process as defined by the card scheme, Visa.
We reserve the right to block a transaction made on your Xpence Card if:
- There are insufficient funds in your account to honour the payment
- The payment falls outside of the transactions outlined in this document
- You have set a Card control to restrict the transaction
- We suspect that the transaction or your account are exposed to unauthorized or fraudulent use
- Legal or regulatory requirements prevent us from making that payment or mean that we need to make additional checks
- We have been prevented from making the transaction as a result of a Force Majeure event
- We have suspended your account
- You are in breach of these terms
We will notify you via push notification or SMS in the event of a blocked transaction and seek to resolve it where we are permitted to by law and regulation
Closing your Xpence relationship
You may close your relationship with Xpence, and terminate this agreement at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send any outstanding funds to the account that you used to fund Xpence as soon as any pending transactions have cleared. In the event of an ongoing suspicious transaction investigation, we will send any funds that are refunded to you to the account that you originally used to fund Xpence at the completion of the investigation.
We reserve the right to close or suspend your Account, or stop you using the App at any time, immediately if:
- we have reason to believe you are acting fraudulently
- you have not given us the information we need, or maintained up to date information
- you or one of your users has failed our KYC checks
- you have broken these terms
- you have broken or attempted to break any law or regulation which is applicable to your Account
- we believe you are engaged in criminal or fraudulent activity
- if we believe that you continuing to use your Account could damage our reputation
- we are obliged to under law
End of Testing
Xpence will notify you at the end of the testing period. At this point, Xpence will either:
- Freeze your relationship, products and services until Xpence has received full regulatory approval from the Central Bank of Bahrain
- Close your relationship, products and services returning any outstanding funds to the account that you initially used to fund Xpence
We may, at Our discretion, impose limits on the amount or the number of payments and transactions that You can perform via Xpence Products and Services.
Your maximum balance of an Xpence Account and Card cannot exceed BHD 1,000.000. We will inform You if this limit increases in the future, and We may limit Your ability to deposit and withdraw funds until You comply with Our requests for Information.
Your maximum Daily Card Top-up of an Xpence Card cannot exceed BHD 1,000.000. We will inform You if this limit increases in the future, and We may limit Your ability to deposit and withdraw funds until You comply with Our requests for Information.
Our intellectual property rights include, but are not limited to , our app and website and their design, our cards design, our invoicing design, our logo and graphics.
You must not:
- Alter, sell, copy, publish or reproduce any part of our products and services and their content
- Try to gain unauthorized access to our products or services
- Reverse engineer any of our services
- Link any part of our website to any other site
- Engage in any data mining, extracting or similar activity
- Upload any defamatory or illegal content to our site, introduce viruses or other harmful code
As a regulated financial institution, we require information from You and your Users in order to maintain your products and services and to meet our legal and regulatory obligations. By entering into these terms, you are giving us permission to process and retain your personal information, and that of your users for the purpose of providing payments services to you. This does not affect any rights and obligations we or you have under data protection legislation.
We may disclose personal data if we are required to do so by law, by our financial partners for the purposes of their regulatory obligations, or by court order, or at the request of any competent authority in connection to the investigation of suspected criminal activity. We may also report any activity we deem to be suspicious to the appropriate law enforcement or regulatory body.
We will not use your data for any other purposes without first collecting your explicit consent.
You are responsible for the security of your personal details and must take all necessary precautions to prevent any unauthorized access to your Account. You must keep your Account safe, and ensure that your users do the same, by:
- Not sharing any security details with anyone
- Changing your passcode regularly
- Using credentials that are unique to Xpence
- Adhere to the authentication processes and steps requested
- Keeping your mobile device and email account secure at all times
- Closing the application on your device when not in use
You must notify us immediately in the event of the loss, unauthorised access or theft of:
- Your mobile device
- Your Xpence Card
- Your security details
You can contact us by emailing email@example.com.
We will never ask you to provide the password, passcode, any one time PINs or other security details associated with your Account.
Please provide full details of your complaint and any supporting information (for example screen shots, transaction receipts) when raising your complaint.
You will receive an acknowledgment of your complaint within 24 hours of receiving the complaint, and we will endeavour to resolve your compliant within 3 Business Days.
Where a complaint cannot be resolved in three Business Days, we will inform you on the third working day, and provide a timeline to resolution – not to exceed 20 Business Days.
Upon completion of the investigation, You will be contacted with a complete response.
Xpence will respond to complaints using telephone and email channels, and a final written resolution will always be provided to you via email.
Should you remain unhappy with the resolution, you may raise your complaint subsequently to the Central Bank of Bahrain Consumer Protection team, either via their website or by calling them on +973 17547789.
These Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the Laws of the Kingdom of Bahrain
Last update: January 2023